In 1983, the late Henry Logan and surviving trustees of the Logan Estate granted twenty-three acres of land, formerly know as “Hurricane Hall” to the Borough of Dillsburg and the Township of Carroll. The tract was a portion of the original 450-acre Logan farm and was to be used forever as a public park to be known as “Logan Park”.
“Hurricane Hall” was the nickname of a home on the Logan Estate that was built for and occupied by John N. Logan and the Reverend A. W. Hubbard. In the 1950′s, Logan relatives related that the home’s nickname was not the result of weather conditions but rather because of the manner in which the two bachelors kept house.
Logan Park currently offers two soccer fields, a softball field, a little league baseball field, a tot play lot and a picnic pavilion. A recently constructed “barn” contains restrooms, a meeting room, concession stand and storage area. A .47 mile walking path now loops the park. An amphitheater is currently being developed. Reservations for the picnic pavilion can be made by calling Brian Schmick at 717-502-2401 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Calendar to check availability. Information needed to make a reservation is name, organization name (if applicable), phone number, mailing address, email address, date and time of rental. A $65.00 donation is required.
Logan Park is managed by the Logan Park Authority, a group of volunteers from the borough and township. Because the Logan Park Authority works on a limited budget, financial support and services from individuals and organizations are welcome, greatly appreciated and will help the Authority continue with park maintenance and development.
Logan Park Authority meetings are open to the public and held January through November, on the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00PM. The meetings are held at Logan Park in the Barn. During inclement weather, the location of the meeting could change.
Logan Park Rules and Regulations – Ordinance No. 2012-223